From LMMS Wiki
The Triple Oscillator plugin is a synthesizer which generates sounds by combining the waveforms of up to three function generators.
The first panel controls the way the oscillators interact with each other. The available settings are:
The next three panels are the settings for the three oscillators.
- The "purest" sound. Useful for organ-like instruments. Due to a sine wave being only one exact frequency, normal frequency filters have little effect on sine waves.
- Similar to sine, although a lot less smooth. Useful for string instruments.
- A very sharp, "synth-like" sound. Useful for string instruments and generic "synth-like" instruments.
- The typical sound of vintage arcade games. Sounds much less old-fashioned when combined with other waveforms. Be cautious, as the square wave will sound a lot louder than the other waves.
- Moog-like saw
- Sounds similar to saw, but can also be used for some organ-like sounds. The shape is due to a historic glitch in the analogue circuitry of the original Moog synthesizer.
- If used correctly, it can be used for softer synths.
- White Noise
- Useful for creating drum beats and other effects like wind (You might prefer to use Kicker for synthesized percussion instruments).
- Double-click to use any sound file as a waveform.
- The best results are reached by combining different waveforms with different chorus settings.
- Most sounds created by a triple oscillator sound boring and dull without an Envelope.
- See Making Triple Oscillator Patches for further tips for getting the most out of this plugin.
- If you want to know more about basics of sound synthesis you may read this awesome article by Beau Sievers - http://beausievers.com/synth/synthbasics/
|Prev:||Up: Plugins||Next: VeSTige|